First off I'm going to start off by saying I am brand new to the race world and scca ruling/classification.
Recently I have been very interested in doing some autocross with my 87 325es, not the ideal car but I really just wanted to learn and have fun (while still trying to be competitive.
Here's a little about the car:
Engine - Stock
Exhaust - Cat delete with some weird loud (decent sounding) exhaust
Suspension - Racing Dynamics Springs and Bilstein Sports
Interior - Stripped (no carpet, sound deadening, lightened doors, no headliner)
Wheels - 17inch icw turds
All of the mods except for the springs and bilsteins were done by the previous owner.
Now on to the confusing part.
After HOURS of research I have finally (i think) classified my car under 2015 SCCA rules, much to my dismay my car falls into the F-Prepared class due to the interior being stripped down.
My question is, can an e30 be competitive in FP and if so, how much of a fortune would I have to sink? Im not expecting to go out and be the best guy out there but I would like to be competitive if I could. From what I have seen however, FP (or any prepared class) is mainly heavily modified cars or purpose built racecars.
Another bit of useful information...Im 22 and dont have bottomless pockets, my pockets are quite shallow.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Recently I have been very interested in doing some autocross with my 87 325es, not the ideal car but I really just wanted to learn and have fun (while still trying to be competitive.
Here's a little about the car:
Engine - Stock
Exhaust - Cat delete with some weird loud (decent sounding) exhaust
Suspension - Racing Dynamics Springs and Bilstein Sports
Interior - Stripped (no carpet, sound deadening, lightened doors, no headliner)
Wheels - 17inch icw turds
All of the mods except for the springs and bilsteins were done by the previous owner.
Now on to the confusing part.
After HOURS of research I have finally (i think) classified my car under 2015 SCCA rules, much to my dismay my car falls into the F-Prepared class due to the interior being stripped down.
My question is, can an e30 be competitive in FP and if so, how much of a fortune would I have to sink? Im not expecting to go out and be the best guy out there but I would like to be competitive if I could. From what I have seen however, FP (or any prepared class) is mainly heavily modified cars or purpose built racecars.
Another bit of useful information...Im 22 and dont have bottomless pockets, my pockets are quite shallow.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
SCCA F-Prepared E30
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire