jeudi 19 mars 2015

Another Sub Woffer Question - request for knowledge

Second post but l have been lurking for awhile.



I have looked all over this site as well as the web and have located several very well written posts about various componants of this cars stereo and its limitations. One post even comes very close to answering my specific question but alas, I still don't have an answer...



If you are reading this perhaps you can assist?



I have a 1997 1.9L z3 with the Harman Kardon hifi system. Originally this car had a tape deck head. I have upgraded the head unit with a Blaupunkt BMW business CD unit. Model BP9273 (RDS).





I have a single amp in the trunk on the passenger side. (65.12-8 399 683 E6845. Jd E36/7)



Under the stowage compartment behind and between the driver and passenger seats I also have the 2 speaker 5.25 2ohm 30W speaker set with snorkel. (65.13 - 8 400 106 S6845.J b)







I purchased a sub enclosure for this compartment on ebay. I have ordered a 6.75 CRT 2 ohm Sub from Kicker and I have a wiring question.



I have 4 wires - green and grey into a factory plug with 4 wires out that were used to power 2 factory speakers in the snorkel set up.







The kicker will be have only 2 poles as it will be a single speaker. What is correct?







1. Use the negative from one of the original speakers and the positive from the other to drive the kicker (capping the other two)?

2. Combine both negatives and attach to the negative of the kicker and so the same with the positives?

3. Pick one of the two pairs of positive and negative wires and connect them to the kicker and then cap the other pair?



Is there anything else I should be considering?





Thanks in advance,







Bill Evans





Another Sub Woffer Question - request for knowledge

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire