jeudi 19 mars 2015

Short Block upgrade for 3.0 m54 , is cast iron from m3 possible , reasonable ?

This is my first post however I read from this site often. Specifics are:

2001 e39 530i , just bought cheap , engine overheated , (suprise , not! )

Pulled it down and the threads are pulled out of several head bolt holes and block is out of spec on warpage, no major damage to cylinders , pistons etc. and runs well.

Read enough to know that i don't trust fixing this bottom end , too much money etc.

I am an auto Tech but work with domestic and Asian 100 % of the time so no experience to draw from so here I am.

I need to know if a bottom end (Short Block) from other 3.0L from say am m3 will work with head and exhaust etc for stock M54.

If not what cast iron block will , if any without too much mess.

I am looking for reliability and fault tolerance.

Love the car and money isn't the issue but money is always a consideration of course.

I just want stock or mostly stock.

Sorry if this was long winded.:)





Short Block upgrade for 3.0 m54 , is cast iron from m3 possible , reasonable ?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire